Intraoral scanners are a type of dental device that replaces conventional impressions. Using a compact, wand-like camera we can take an highly accurate 3D model of your teeth and gums. No more yucky or goopy impression material! The scans can be taken in under 3 minutes and are quick and comfortable. We are proud to be using state of the art, modern 3D intraoral scanners in our office.
Digital intraoral scanners have taken the traditional practice of taking a dental impression of your teeth to a whole new level. They are touch-free, comfortable, precise and 100% accurate. To top it off the 3D model of your teeth that is generated is easily stored and transferred as digital data.
A wide range of dental restorations that fit perfectly and look spot-on can be created from this 3D model. Not only that, the whole digital process – from computer to 3D milling machine – means that a dental restoration can be designed, fabricated and fitted in less time and with greater accuracy then ever before.
The benefits of digital intraoral scanners include:
- Time savings
- High accuracy of 3D models – that means NO errors
- Perfect fit of any dental restoration including crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, veneers and implants
- Suitable for orthodontic and implant treatment
- Connects with Invisalign, Clear Correct and other digital processes
- Allows for unparalleled diagnostic and patients oral health monitoring, including tracking the rate of tooth wear and tear
- Fast and easy collaboration with dental labs
Let us show you the benefits in person! Schedule your appointment today!